If your piece is selected for publication, you’ll get a message from us with next steps, but most of all with a big CONGRATS and a note about how much we love your work.
Because we are a small team with a unique business model, we ask (but by no means require) our published authors to help spread the word about NiftyLit, and about their own publications. We’ve been putting together a NiftyLit author “toolkit” with some tips and resources for amplifying the signal about you and your wonderful writing. NiftyLit published authors stand to receive approximately $5-7 for every NFT of their work that is purchased, and we generally publish 250 NFTs of each work, so it’s definitely in the author’s best interest for the NFTs of their work to sell. More about NFT sales etc. and how this benefits writers can be found on our NFTs page.
In a nutshell, if you’re accepted for publication:
• You’ll receive a master publishing agreement via DocuSign for your review and signature (typically Jo, our CEO, gets these out within two weeks of your acceptance notification)
• Once your publishing agreement is signed, you’ll move to “Published” status on our Discord
• NiftyLit will send your flat-fee payment in USD, generally via regular old check (we pay contributing authors a flat fee + royalties on any NFT sales of their work)
• You’ll work on edits with Katie, our EIC (generally, if you’ve been accepted for publication, the edits are fairly light)
• We’ll assign an illustrator for your work, who will create a custom illustration
• We assign your work to an issue and set a target publication date
• We format your work for online publication and begin the process of typesetting your work, for eventual minting as an NFT
• Once your work is published, it is simultaneously minted and listed for sale as a NiftyLit Literary NFT (we currently mint and sell our NFTs on OpenSea)
- Sometime before your publication date, we will send you the aforementioned NiftyLit author “toolkit”