If your piece is selected for publication, you’ll get a message from us with next steps, but most of all with a big CONGRATS and a note about how much we love your work.
Because we are a small team with a unique business model, we ask (but by no means require) our published authors to help spread the word about NiftyLit, and about their own publications. We’ve been putting together a NiftyLit author “toolkit” with some tips and resources for amplifying the signal about you and your wonderful writing.
In a nutshell, if you’re accepted for publication:
• You’ll receive a master publishing agreement via DocuSign for your review and signature (typically Jo, our CEO, gets these out within two weeks of your acceptance notification)
• Once your publishing agreement is signed, you’ll move to “Published” status on our Discord
• NiftyLit will send your flat-fee payment in USD
• You’ll work on edits with Katie, our EIC (generally, if you’ve been accepted for publication, the edits are fairly light)
• We’ll assign an illustrator for your work, who will create a custom illustration
• We assign your work to an issue and set a target publication date
• We format your work for online publication and begin the process of typesetting your work, for eventual minting as an NFT/ digital first edition
• Once your work is published, it is simultaneously minted and listed for sale as a NiftyLit Literary NFT
- Sometime before your publication date, we will send you the aforementioned NiftyLit author “toolkit”